Angel Hack is partnering with the Private Sector Health Alliance of Nigeria through the Nigeria Health Innovation Marketplace (NHIM) to host the Global Hackathon Series for Health in Lagos. Every year, AngelHack adventures across the globe for the yearly Global Hackathon Series. Over the course of Summer 2018, they will visit six continents, bridging the gap between Silicon Valley innovation and entrepreneurs all over the world.
This year’s theme is Seamless Technology. Hackathons are built for rapid innovation, and rapid isn’t always pretty. But no matter the roadblock, broken code or bumps, we continue on and push forward, together. There’s no boundary or limit to what we can create.
So join us! Create something cool. Meet great people. Win great prizes. Who knows, your founder journey may begin July 28th weekend!
Health Challenge: Build technology that can that can address issues with low card retention and immunisation record keeping for health facilities
Health Award Prize: N1,000,000 + mentorship sessions
Code For A Cause Impact Award Challenge: Build technology that solves a social or environmental problem and positively impacts your local community.
Code For A Cause Impact Award Prize: One Impact Award will be given out at each event. At the end of the Global Hackathon Series, the top Impact Award projects will be chosen by an expert judging panel including; Chan Zuckerberg, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative; and more. These top five teams will receive an official invite into the HACKcelerator run by AngelHack.
Who can hack?
All ages, genders, and skill levels are welcome. Come solo or in a team of up to five, and spend the weekend learning new skills, meeting your local tech community and tech sponsors, enjoying free food, and more.
Our attendees typically consist of developers looking to improve their skills or expand their horizons, students, designers of all skill-sets, and serious entrepreneurs that can add value to teams. Bring your ideas and let’s go!
We know some rules are meant to be broken, but you should probably (read: definitely) stick by these:
- Fresh Code – We all start coding at the same time. It’s cool to work on designs beforehand, digital mockups, open source frameworks, and anything else available to everyone, but keep things within fair limits.
- Code Review – Winning teams may be subject to a code-review at some point following the event or immediately before winning. This is to ensure that all code used is in fact fresh.
- Ownership and IP – You own your IP and whatever you create. Simple as that.
- Team Size – No more than five people.
- Submissions – Each hackathon has its individual hackathon.iopage where projects need to be submitted by the designated time. You’ll receive an email with instructions on how to do just that.
- Demos – You’ll have 2 minutes to demo the functionality of your project and talk through your idea, and 1 minute for Q&A from judges.
Click here to Apply: https://angelhack.com/angelhack-lagos-hackathon-2018/