While growing its convergence community over the years, PHN has recognized that to have inclusive conversations, all active players and stakeholders need to be represented. The Alliance has realized that a notable group within the Nigerian healthcare entrepreneurship ecosystem has received low visibility and support – Female founders and innovators.
PHN through NHIM is actively providing a solution to this by creating the Female Founders Network (FFN). Interactions with both local and international partners have highlighted the increasing public interest in female entrepreneurs and the opportunities available for them to receive both accelerated business support and financial aid.
The main objective of the Female Founders Network (FFN) is to create a community for female entrepreneurs in the healthcare ecosystem that provides the tools and support to enable their start-ups achieve market readiness and scale. The network will support entrepreneurs with a strong purpose by connecting them to the brightest business minds locally and internationally.
The network membership comes with six core benefits:
- Visibility: selected innovations get the opportunity to be showcased on NHIM’s online portal consisting of over 1000 users, and on its social media platforms.
- Mentorship: Coaching and strategy sessions from key expert mentors either virtually or physically where business and operational skills advisory can occur.
- Access to Data: Startups will gain unlimited access to NHIM’s knowledge database consisting of country data & Stats, research papers, and academic & business reports both local and international.
- Funding: Entrepreneurs will gain access to NHIM’s Innovation Challenges and Hackathons where they will get opportunities to pitch their startups for grant funding.
- Networking: With a vast network of startups, experts and investors in the NHIM community, evens, mixers, and workshops will provide opportunities that foster collaborations and shared learning.
- Global Partners: Innovations gain access to PHN’s global partners network, which consists of referrals and recommendation into international programs and linkages with international partners.
As we launch the Female Founders Network today, the 8th of March, 2019 (International Women’s Day), we extend an invitation to female entrepreneurs in healthcare to sign up to be a part of this community.
“Empower a woman, you empower the next generation”